Monday, January 11, 2010

Marriage...Give Love, Gather Love

Yes, I know I am behind in getting a new post on here. Sometimes though I just think my life isn't that interesting to all of you! lol I don't do a whole lot of fun and exciting things. I kind of lead a simple life, and that's basically the way I like it.

It was kind of a strange weekend for me...sad in some sense...insightful in another sense. Learning of a friends dissolution of marriage is never a good thing. This one though really hit home. It makes me so sad to hear things happen like this, and I know they happen everyday. It brings back alot of memories, feelings that I experienced when I went through the divorce of my parents when I was a child. No one knows what it feels like until it happens to you.

As I grew up I always wanted what I didn't have as a child...and that was a Mother and a Father that lived in the same household that truely loved one another. There has always been that void in my heart, wanting and waiting for that. I guess that's why I am ever so determined to make my marriage work. And alot of days yes, it is work! Being married and having children is the hardest job anyone of us will ever have...hands down HARDEST job. The old saying of, "You never really know someone until you live with them", is totally correct. We are all different, and it takes some time to understand that when you first say, "I do". Some days are better than others.

I just want to know what happens to bring that Man or Woman to the point where they can't take it anymore and they feel there is no other way, but to end the marriage? Some after many, many, many years. Is it the stress of everyday life, the kids, money issues....what? Why do some marriages work, and others don't? I think we would all agree that our marriages are not the same as they were in the beginning when it was just the two of us. Adding children to the mix means a whole different relationship. I do know staying together just because of the kids, is never a good thing. Does it work for some people...yes it probably does. But is it a healthy thing for the family as a whole...probably not. I was once told that the BEST thing I can do for my children is to take care of the relationship between those kids' Mommy and Daddy. That is the best gift I could ever give them. I agree whole heartedly with that especially myself coming from a broken home. Being married and having children is my life's greatest accomplishment. I am so proud that I am who I am with my husband and my daughter...they define me. I am very appreciative that I have them in my life. Some days I think we all might want to strangle one another!..but I wouldn't trade my life with them for anyone else's. Remember to tell your spouse every once and awhile how much they mean to you and how appreciative you are of them. I can tell you it will mean the whole world to them! We all need to hear that, that we mean something to someone. Give Love,Gather Love.

1 comment:

  1. checking to see if you can leave post comments here now. Not too sure why it wouldn't work before..?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger