Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Party Time......Caillou Style!!!

Well, where has the time gone to? I can't believe that it has been three years since my little Rylee Lynnae was born. Time passes by so fast! She is such a big girl now, and I find myself missing that baby that I had "yesterday". I want her to grow up and develop into that wonderful person I know she is, and meant to be, but in some sense I want her to be that baby again. Maybe my clock is ticking again....??? HaHa  Rylee is a very unique, corky, highly intelligent, strong willed, high maintence, matter-of-fact, little girl. She is all the things my Mom said I never was as a child! From the moment Rylee was born she was ready to conquer the world. She has always been a child whom is wise beyond her years. Most people who meet her assume she is older than what she is. I think nothing of it, because that's who my Rylee is. She has met milestones way before she was expected to. She was rolling over (both ways) at 9 weeks....crawled at 4 1/2 months, pulling herself up to a standing position at 6 1/2 months....you get the idea. Always doing something unexpected! That's my Rylee! That girl is the love of my life. Sometimes she gets the best of me and I think I might like to throw her out the window, but I wouldn't trade her for nothing! She will probably never need me as much as I need her in my life:)


Rylee's favorite cartoon is PBS's Caillou. That is what she wanted her party to be all about. Needless to say, it was just a party consisting of Mommy and Daddy, Mimi, and Cruiser the kitty cat. Some people might not agree with me by not organizing a huge birthday bash for her with the whole nine yards and then some. I just don't believe in these huge "show" parties. Never have. Shawn and I want Rylee growing up being a very well rounded child. Not wanting to have the best, but being content with just the simple things in life. I don't want her expecting Mommy and Daddy to have these kinds of parties for her. Because every year kids expect their parents to go beyond and above the year before. What does that teach? Nothing, except not being content and happy with what they have. So, in our household we just do the "milestone" birthday parties. We had one for Rylee's 1st Birthday, and probably the next one will be for her 5th Birthday. Don't get me wrong, we will ALWAYS celebrate her birthday, but most years it will just be a simple one like we had today.
LETS HEAR IT FOR THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!!



She wanted a Caillou cake (strawberry flavored) from her favorite cake baker/decorator:)



...and she wanted pizza and breadsticks too



No birthday is ever complete without blowing out candles, and the Happy Birthday song..



...or a picture with your Mimi:)



...or a Caillou movie



...and a Kai-Lan doll


All in all Rylee had a fantastic day! Rylee words, "I had a great time...my special day!"


3 comments:

  1. Happy Bday Rylee!!! Add will be so jealous to see Gilbert on a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day of celebration! I definitely know what you mean about wondering where the time went. I, too, love watching Liv grow & become a young lady, but I also miss my bouncy-curled little girl too. Someone the other day told me they thought Liv was 16! She looks & acts so much older than she is. I've always said she is a wise old soul just hanging out in a kids body.

    And, for the record, Liv will never need me as much as I needed & still need her. She is my absolute everything. So I understand where you're coming from there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like your preparation....my lil girl also really like this Caillou Party... Love the cake...
    Caillou Party Supplies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger